
what do you think of Stelarc's work?
I find his work a bit scary and very shocked to me! It's because his work and performance often involve robotics or other relatively modern technology integrated with his body. By looking at this photo I think it' s hurt , really hurt! doesn't it?
I find his work a bit scary and very shocked to me! It's because his work and performance often involve robotics or other relatively modern technology integrated with his body. By looking at this photo I think it' s hurt , really hurt! doesn't it?
In another performance he has hung himself in flesh hook suspension and he has also performed with a robotic third arm and a spider-like six legged walking machine .
It's a bit horrible to me and really shock! I am just amazed that how can he do these to himself and what's his aim of that? Is he want to shock the public? His actions make me to rethink that what's really art? and what's the function of art? Do they need to bring people amusement?
source from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stelarc
Oh, anna, you have raised many intriguing questions. I can believe that he himself, sometimes, can't even answer these.
回覆刪除He just enjoys what he feel when performing the hazard gesture with the terrible and disgusting mechanic.
i absolutely agree with you...
回覆刪除i don't really know if he did these terrible artworks as action art and to shock the public...
but i do think shock is not equal to art...
it is a good question for us to think what is art.
回覆刪除In Stelarc's work, i think this is not work of art, just what you said, it is painful.
After all, what a great site and informative posts
回覆刪除dating sites